Improve delegate engagement with custom contact card designs that can be left virtually anywhere around the event app. Scan or swap them with other delegates, leave them behind at exhibitor stands and build up a list of contacts to download and take away from the event. The user guide below will show you how to set up standardised business card designs in your CMS Dashboard for your delegates to use in your Event App. We’ve also included guides for your delegates to follow so that they can easily personalise their card, add their own bespoke design and quickly get to grips with how to exchange their card with other delegates. Content: 1. Setting up Business Cards in CMS 2. Logging in to the Event App and Setting up Privacy Preferences – Guide for your delegates 3. The Business Cards Page on the Event App – Guide for your delegates 4. Customising Business Cards on the Event App – Guide for your delegates 5. Exchanging Business Cards with Other Delegates and Companies – Guide for your delegates
- Setting up Business Cards in CMS
- Logging in to the Event App and Setting up Privacy Preferences
- Business Cards Page on the Event App
- Customising Business Cards on the Event App
- Exchanging Business Cards with Other Delegates and Companies
Setting up Business Cards in CMS
1. Firstly, you will need to log into your CrowdComms Content Management System (CMS) Dashboard and input your details.
2. Upon successful login, select the Event App where you would like Business Cards applied.
3. Then click on ‘Features’ from the left-hand menu.
4. Click on ‘Business Cards’ that appear as an option in the secondary menu to the right.
5. On this page, there are several sections for you to populate and they are the settings, card design, personal details fields visibility and access restrictions.
6. Under Business Card Settings there are two toggles which you can set.
7. If you switch on the ‘Turn on card sharing’ toggle, your delegates will be able to exchange cards with one another and drop their cards at the Company pages.
8. If they are at a physical event, they will be able to scan other delegates’ cards and be able to have their card scanned by other delegates to initiate an exchange.
9. If you switch on the ‘Allow custom card designs’ toggle, your delegates will be able to upload custom card designs to be used as their business card’s background.
10. In the Custom Card Design section, you will be able to:
a. Upload a custom background image – If you upload an image, this image will appear on your Event App for your delegates to see and use as their business cards’ background.
b. Template background – If you select one of the template backgrounds, it will become the default background for your delegates on your Event App.
c. Card font colour – Once you’ve uploaded a custom background image, you can choose the font colour by clicking on the circle. To choose a colour, you can either enter the Hex code or use the colour and shade sliders.
d. Card background colour – If you wish to have a simple block colour background you can do so by clicking on the circle. To choose a colour, you can either enter the Hex code or use the colour and shade sliders.
Please note that setting a background colour will override card designs selected either from the custom design or the template background image.
11. In the Card Field visibility section, you can select which profile or social fields delegates can choose to appear on their business cards. For example, if you don’t want your delegates to be including their Company’s name in their business card, you can de-select ‘Company’ from the field’s visibility.
12. The last section is the Access Restrictions field. If you want to restrict this feature to only certain group(s), you will need to add the group names in this field. Otherwise, leave this field blank to allow everyone in your Event App to be able to use the Business Cards feature.
13. Don’t forget to click ‘Save’!
Logging in to the Event App and Setting up Privacy Preferences
1. Firstly, log in to your Event App and input your login details.
2. If this is the first time you have logged in to this app, you will see the Privacy Settings preference pop-up giving you the following options:
a. Make yourself available for Video Meetings – Check this box if you want other delegates within the platform to be able to invite you to a private video call without having to first send a meeting invite.
b. Make yourself available for Chat Messaging – Check this box if you want to send and receive private messages with other delegates within the platform.
c. Make your profile visible on the App – The default is set to ‘visible’. If you don’t want others to see your profile, you will need to uncheck this box.
d. Make yourself available for meeting booking – Check this box if you would like other delegates within the platform to be able to book meetings with you. If you uncheck this option, you won’t be able to send or receive meeting invites.
e. Make yourself available for Business Card Exchanges – Check this box to allow you to create a virtual business card and swap contact information with other delegates and companies.
3. If this isn’t the first time you have logged in to this app, you can still amend the settings mentioned in step (2). You can do this by clicking on the right-hand menu, where you can see your initials, and clicking ‘My Profile’.
4. Scroll down the page until you see the ‘Privacy Settings’ section. You can amend your preferences here.