Platform frameworks and tools our development team use
Front end (User view)
- Framework: Angular 15
- Ionic 6: Provides UI/design framework for native and web application
- Ably: Leveraged for messages, engagement, real time pushes, this is applied across the front end, CMS and back end. eg) messaging on business cards, and meeting booking, alerts.
- Capacitor: Used for building the website into a native app (to automate native submission).
- Legacy CMS: (Used to build the event platform): Currently Angular JS and Angular 9
- New CMS: (currently running alongside legacy) Angular 14
Back end (Database management and orchestrating output on the front end)
- Django 3.2.17: transitioned in 2022
- Amazon SES: email service for all delegate and admin communication via the platform and CMS.
- Platform is hosted on AWS, Frankfurt Data Centres
- Breakout video meetings and 1-2-1 video calls run on designated servers
- Stream / Video Player runs on combination of AWS, Google Cloud and Akamai