Self-Edit Exhibitor Portal
If you run events with hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors and find yourself spending days updating company info, logos and branding, we have a solution for you!
Let us introduce you to CrowdComms Exhibitor Portal. The Portal allows you to pass on the responsibility of updating company booths to your exhibitors. As the Dashboard admin, you simply need to add the company names along with the main representatives, and anyone with the link can update their company booths.
This guide will show you how to send the Exhibitor Portal link to your event’s Sponsors and Exhibitors.
First, you will need to log into your CrowdComms Content Management System (CMS) Dashboard and input your details.
- Once you've logged in, choose the Event App that you want Exhibitor Portal to be used in.
- Go to the ‘Libraries’ tab, then ‘Companies’ and click on the ‘Companies List’ that appears as an option in the secondary menu.
- If you have added companies to your App, they will appear in the list. If not, refer to the section below on how to add a company to your Dashboard.
- In your list of companies, you will see new mini-icons next to the company’s name.
- If you have linked the company’s representative to the company, you will see the person’s mini-icon.
- If you have sent out the link to the Exhibitor’s Portal to the company’s main representative, you will see a mini envelope icon.
Setting Up a New Company
- First, let’s add a company to the Dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Add New Company’ button, add the name of your company and click Submit. The new company will appear on your list.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the company’s page.
- Before sending out the link to the Exhibitor Portal, as a bare minimum you will need to assign someone to the company’s Main Representative field. They will need their email added to the dashboard.
- Go to the Representatives & Groups tab. Click on the Main Representatives dropdown and you will see a list of users you can add to this field.
- Please note that you can only add one user to the Main Representative field.
- If the representative of the company hasn’t been added to your Dashboard, please click here to learn how to add them.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your page.
Exhibitor Portal Company Access
- Once you have added your company and linked the main representative you can send out the Exhibitor Portal link.
- To do this, on the Companies List page, click on the envelope icon. A confirmation dialogue will appear, click Confirm.
- The company's main representative will receive an email with the link to the Exhibitor Portal.
- The content of the Exhibitor Portal will be identical to the company page you see when editing on your dashboard, except for the Representatives & Groups tab. The Exhibitor Portal will not show this tab.
- You can also send the link to multiple companies at once. Click on ‘Select multiple’ and tick the companies you wish to email. Alternatively, select all the companies on the page by clicking on the first check box.
- Click on ‘Invite selected to edit profile’ to complete.