CrowdComms New CMS
An Introduction to our New CMS
The new dashboard is a complete rewrite of our existing, well-renowned content management system. The document below will outline what you can expect to see.
The new dashboard is currently in beta, meaning that although many hours of testing have gone in to it, there may still be some quirks here and there. If you find any, be sure to fill in the form in the top right of the CMS to leave your feedback!
It's important to note that the data is still the same between the existing and the beta dashboards. If you find something missing, you can always hop back to the existing dashboard to finish your task. All the data you've added on the new dashboard will be there!
To see a comparison in functionality between the existing and beta dashboards, skip to the table at the end of this document.
We gave our dashboard a much-needed lick of paint. Ranging from complete page redesigns (such as the activity feed) to granular improvements to the more minor elements of our app, such as form components, date pickers and much more. Although everything may look quite different, most things are still in the same place and should feel quite familiar.
- app-wide redesign, with most elements receiving a makeover in appearance and usability.
- Ergonomic organisation of elements
- Improved UI elements such as forms, tables, date pickers, icon pickers, dropdown boxes and buttons
- Total redesign of some pages, such as the activity feed.
- Dark mode available
Existing vs New
Image Gallery Overhaul
A collection of new features and improvements revolving around the image library, we've added some extra functionality to make it the valuable asset it should be.
- Upload multiple images at once
- Place images from your image library anywhere across the app
- A new, slick interface for managing and previewing your app images
- Ability to scale down the quality of images on every upload.
Mobile Friendly & PWA
Bringing our event dashboard to your pocket, you can now create an entire event from your mobile device!
- Create and edit the content of your event while you're on the go
- Install the app on your desktop for easy access in your Mac OS dock or windows toolbar
- Install the app on your iOS device or android for easy access from your home screen
To access the new CMS on your mobile device, head to https://beta-cms.crowdcomms.com.
Page Builder / HTML Module Improvements
Another collection of improvements and new features, we've put some time in to improving the experience of the creatives amongst you.
- New image gallery page builder template
- Full-screen code editor with autocomplete and find and replace utilities
- Live preview for HTML pages
- Duplicate a page builder in to another page builder module, or HTML page
Various Smaller Improvements
Below is a summary of smaller new features that will help you to create the best event app possible:
- Every form will now check to confirm you want to leave a page with unsaved changes
- View the name of your current window in the tab bar.
- More information displayed in tables in libraries
- View a preview on your iframe module
|Feature||Existing CMS||New CMS|
|Login page link||App Settings -> Features page||App Settings -> Authentication tab|
|Widgets Module||Widget Module||Deprecated - will not be added to the new dashboard|
|Analytics||Sidebar Tab||Planned for future release|
|Cvent Integration||Integrations Page||Planned for future release|
|Display Screens||Sidebar Tab||Planned for future release|
|Google Analytics Setup||Integrations Tab||Planned for future release|
|Alerts||Sidebar Tab||App Settings|
|Triggers||Sidebar Tab||App Settings|
|Module Management||Sidebar||Module management page (home page for modules section)|