The Agenda Module is the backbone of your event. Optimised towards user experience, it not only provides an overview of your event timetable in chronological order but allows users to build their own schedule when they favourite sessions directly within the app.
Need to tailor the experience for certain users? No problem! Session Privacy allows you to customise which sessions are visible to specific users, with the flexibility to have multiple agendas within a single platform.
Each session is clearly displayed on an individual card, in chronological order, and includes the following information:
- Session Thumbnail (200px by 200px)
- Start and end time of the session (and the time zone if applicable)
- Session title
- Session subtitle
- Session capacity
- Any interactive features
Sessions can be expanded to display a brief description, access the list of speakers and any documents relating to that session.
Clicking onto a session opens a full session description page, where any live streams or breakouts can be accessed.
For further customisation, certain information can be toggled on and off for all users. This is found within the Agenda Module on the CMS, under the tab called ‘List Settings’. Here you can switch on or off the following:
- Speakers – When the session card is expanded, the profiles of any speakers linked to the session are displayed, including their profile picture, full name, company and job title. When clicked, this leads to the full session details.
- Documents – When the session card is expanded, the icon and name of any document linked to the session is displayed, with speaker details shown underneath. When clicked, this leads to the full session details
- Features – This displays small icons, which when hovered over, detail which interactive features are used as part of this session. For example, live streaming, polling or Q&A. The session card doesn’t need to be expanded for this to display.
- Location – This displays the location to which the session is linked to. Again, the session card doesn’t need to be expanded for this to display.
- Subtitle – This displays the session subtitle which has been entered into the CMS against this. The subtitle displays just below the session title and has a character limit of 256 characters.
If you have multiple agendas then it is possible to set different features to be visible across the different agendas.
If your app has any Live Polls, Surveys or Q&As within it, you can link them to sessions, so the interactive elements appear right on the Session Page. To do this, on the CMS, edit the session you'd like to add interactivity to and go to the "Other" tab. From there, select the Survey, Q&A or Live Poll which you'd like to link to the session and press Save.
If your event has multiple streams or categories of sessions, it's possible to create a number of filters such as "Discussion", "Biographical" and “Medical” which can then be applied to a list of sessions. When browsing the agenda in the platform, users can then filter down an extensive agenda by these terms to browse more easily.
Ordering of Sessions
Sessions within an agenda are primarily ordered chronologically and then alphabetically by the session title. If you have two sessions that start at exactly the same time and you want them to appear in a specific order, it's worth considering either making one session start a minute later or tweaking the title of the session so that it appears after the other alphabetically. Don't forget you can have as many agenda modules as you want in your platform, so if an agenda is becoming unmanageable it may make sense to split it up into two or more modules. This could also make the platform easier to navigate for your attendees.
We hope that this overview provided you with all of the information that you need to get the most out of your event agenda. However, if at any time you require further support, please get in touch with your CrowdComms’ Support Specialist or Account Manager.